Friday, March 22, 2013

The Not So Great Escape


I escaped a few weeks ago and I'm more confused than ever. I'm sure A is dead. The last memory I have of him is being covered in blood and surrounded by regulators. He promised he was going to be right behind me while I was climbing over the fence, but he lied. He didn't even try to get over with me.  His idea to crash the motorcycle into the fence to de-electrify it was genius.



I'm living at one of the homesteads now. I feel like I don't belong; here, in Portland, or anywhere. Not without A. In time, I'm hoping to find my mother. I know she's out here somewhere. I am still blown away by how different everything is. I was always taught that the Invalids didn't exist and that there was nothing in the Wilds. Now that I'm here, I know better. Unfortunately the programming, I'm convinced it was programming now, I went through for my entire life just won't disappear right away. I still feel a nagging to defend the "cureds." They're going to plant me inside another regulated area sometime soon. Without the fake cure mark under my left ear, my life will be very similar to before... Or so they say. I guess for now life is to be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment