Monday, March 18, 2013

Lies, Lies, Lies


All my life, I have lived behind a fence strikingly similar to this one. I have always believed it to be for the protection of everyone in Portland, but I don't know if I believe that anymore. I've met someone named A who has turned my world upside down. The more I get to know him, the more I learn that all is not as it seems. A has told me some secrets about all this restriction and I'm doubting everything I have been taught since I moved in with my Aunt C. The "L" word is forbidden, even thinking it can be dangerous. I remember what it feels like to be loved and love someone. My mother was one of the few that the cure didn't work on. She always showed my sister and I what it was like to be happy and loved. I miss her everyday. Until recently, I was always terrified that I would become her and that the disease was genetic. I know now it's not something you "catch" but something that catches you. I am uncured and in love. If this is what the disease feels like, I never want to be cured. My day is coming up faster than I planned, or so it seems. Time seems distorted now that I have A. Sixty days and counting...

~{@ L

No comments:

Post a Comment